Farms and rural and agricultural properties and land often present issues that would not arise in the context of most residential or commercial properties, such as Basic Payment Scheme Entitlements, Agri-Environmental Agreements, Farm Business Tenancies and Grazing Rights. It is essential then to work with experienced legal advisors that you can trust.
We have experience of buying and selling farmland, including sales and purchases where BPS Entitlements and Agri-Environmental Agreements are involved, and of advising in relation to matters such as the grant of rights and Farm Business Tenancies.
The firm has a long history of advising individuals and businesses in matters relating to farms, rural and agricultural properties throughout Northumberland.
We will liaise closely with your land agent to ensure you receive detailed advice that is tailored to your needs and will work hand in hand with your other professional advisers, such as your lender and accountant to ensure that your transaction is dealt with quickly and effectively. We have very good relationships with many local land agents and other professionals.
Many of our clients who are involved with farming, rural and agricultural land also benefit from the advice of our Private Client offering in relation to wills, probates, lasting powers of attorney and trusts. They also benefit from the advice of our Commercial offering, particularly in relation to Partnership Agreements.
We are here to help you with:
- Buying or selling agricultural and rural property including farms, country houses, woodland and estates
- Agricultural Tenancies and Farm Business Tenancies
- Secured lending involving agricultural property
- Overage and clawback upon a sale of land
- Option agreements for land use applications, such as renewable energy;
- Leases for renewable energy and other developments, including telecommunications masts
- Deeds of Grant to utility companies and others
- Registration of land/property and other registrable rights
Call our reception to make an appointment with our specialist Agricultural Property team on 01670 512 336
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org